Coronavirus Affects City Services

To prevent the spread of coronavirus in our community, Johnson County Government has ordered residents to stay at home except for essential needs, beginning Tuesday, March 24 for 30 days.

The Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, Recycling Center, and playgrounds and shelters at City parks are closed, and many other City services are affected by this order.

See Details

Show alerts

Ticket Amendment Request

Due to the current concern for public health and wanting to limit unnecessary exposure to those experiencing illness, Overland Park Municipal prosecutors are temporarily offering online amendments for certain traffic offenses.

If you have a traffic citation pending in Overland Park Municipal Court, your options will be to plead guilty or no contest, not guilty if you wish to have a trial, or you may seek an amendment or diversion.

What is an amendment?

An amendment is an opportunity to keep a traffic violation from appearing on your driving record or to reduce a driving while suspended charge when you are reinstated. At this time, the prosecutor’s office will amend certain violations without an appearance. The decision to amend a citation is in the sole discretion of the prosecutor. As a general rule, prosecutors will not amend tickets in school zones, construction zones, or speeding more than 20 miles above the speed limit. Additionally, if the charge is Driving While Suspended, we will not amend the charge if your suspension was for an alcohol violation.

If you are seeking an amendment and have accident related charges, you must provide proof the damages have been paid or proof that your insurance agency has accepted 100% liability for the accident.

You must be prepared to pay, in full, within 24 hours with a debit or credit card. The court does not accept partial payments.

An amendment request does not guarantee that your charge(s) will be amended. A prosecutor will review your case, and notify you whether or not your charge(s) can be amended. Please consider all of your options. The prosecutors are prohibited from providing you with legal advice.


A moving violation will be amended to Inattentive Driving and costs $251.00 for each charge. Inattentive Driving is a non-moving violation that will not go on your driving record.

If you are reinstated and the suspension was not for an alcohol violation, a Driving While Suspended violation will be amended to No Driver’s License in Possession charge and costs $254.50. No Driver’s License in Possession will go on your driving record, instead of Driving While Suspended.


If the amendment is approved, a payment link will be sent to you. The amendment will not be processed until payment is made in full.


You may also request a continuance from the court using the Defendant Motion to Continue form.


Municipal Court

1. Citation Information

2. Requestor Information