Coronavirus Update

In conjunction with Kansas and Johnson County reopening plans, some City facilities are scheduled to reopen soon. Others will remain closed until further notice.

See New Information

Show alerts

Enter a Plea and Request Time to Pay

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued need for social distancing the Overland Park Municipal Court is allowing defendants to enter a plea and request additional time to pay fines in full.

You are eligible to enter a plea and request time to pay if there is a scheduled fine on your citation.

If your citation says that an appearance is required, please call the court clerk’s office at (913) 327-6800 to determine if you still might be eligible for this program.


What does a Guilty plea mean?

Guilty means you admit to committing the act charged, that the act is unlawful, and that you have no defense for the act. In most minor traffic cases, a guilty plea and fine will be accepted online or through the mail.

What does a No Contest plea mean?

No Contest means you do not wish to contest the city's charge. Upon a plea of no contest, the judge will enter a finding of guilty and fine. A plea of no contest is not an admission of fault and cannot be used against you in a civil suit for damages.


If you do not want to enter a plea but would like to request a continuance from the court please use the Defendant Motion to Continue form.


Municipal Court

1. Requestor Information

2. Case/Complaint Information

3. Entrance of Plea

I do hereby enter my appearance in the Municipal Court of Overland Park, Kansas. I understand that I have a right to trial and I knowingly and intentionally waive my right to trial and enter a plea of:

to all undisposed charges. I understand that a plea of “Guilty” or “No Contest” will result in a finding of guilty and a record of this violation will be sent to the state licensing authority of this state or the state in which I received my license to drive.

Also at this time, I do hereby request time to pay my fines and fees in full.